Dental crowns are one option for adults to rebuild and support a tooth that needs to be restored to its normal size and shape. Dental crowns are often called caps as they help reinforce a tooth that is weakened and in need of repair. With a crown, you’ll be undergoing a dental restoration procedure performed by a qualified dentist, and the appearance of the tooth will be improved.
January 9, 2017
April 15, 2016
The term cosmetic dentistry may be misleading to some people. The word cosmetic may give an impression that this type of dental work is unnecessary or merely a matter of vanity. This is hardly the case. An improved smile and appearance can give a patient a restored sense of self-confidence. This is anything but superficial. Gentling Dental Care provides a number of services which help improve the smiles of our patients.
Something as small and seemingly insignificant as a chipped tooth can be the source of embarrassment for people. They may smile less and this could be viewed by some in a negative way. It also lowers the person’s confidence in themselves. This can also have negative consequences, like in a job interview or work setting.
Something as simple and affordable as teeth whitening can help restore a person’s confidence, especially for people who have quit smoking and have stained or yellow teeth. When used properly, the procedure does not harm the tooth enamel and will last for a year or longer.
People living in Rochester, MN who are in need of dental services, including teeth whitening, dental implant restoration, porcelain veneers, smile makeovers and cosmetic bonding, put their trust in us. We also provide our patients with dentures, which are also a part of cosmetic dentistry.
Our office has been serving the Rochester community since 1948. Our current staff of dentists brings with them extensive experience and an exceptional personal touch. We offer the highest degree of skill, dedication to oral health, and reasonable fees for our services and products. Our dentists have been educated in the best dental schools, of course, but their commitment to learning did not stop there. They continue to educate themselves on all the new advances in dental techniques and technology. This desire to learn and grow within their profession allows us to excel.
To learn more about cosmetic dentistry in Rochester, MN, or to schedule an appointment, call Gentling Dental Care today.
Brighten Your Smile with Cosmetic Dentistry and Porcelain Veneers at Gentling Dental Care in Rochester, Minnesota
January 11, 2016
Yellow is often associated with cheer and brightness. However, when it comes to your teeth, yellow is a color that most would like to avoid. Porcelain veneers, a cosmetic dentistry solution, can help get rid of the yellow and leave you with a fresh, bright, and cheerful smile. If you are pondering porcelain veneers, Gentling Dental Group in Rochester, Minnesota has the trained and experienced staff to make your smile beautiful again.
Porcelain veneers are crafted to be strong, durable, and esthetic used to recreate the natural look of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are also used to change the size and shape of teeth in the event of a chip or in the case of uneven teeth. They can even alleviate unwanted spaces.
Often times, porcelain veneers are used in place of a crown and can restore a chip or break in your tooth, and they last for many years. If you have stained or uneven teeth and would like your smile to be brighter and more pleasing, porcelain veneers may be a great option for you.
You can feel confident with the strong and durable solution of porcelain veneers. You also won’t need to worry about that yellow discolored smile returning, as porcelain veneers will not change color.
Contact the professional team at Gentling Dental Care in Rochester, Minnesota to see if you are a candidate for a cosmetic dentistry procedure such as porcelain veneers. Fix up and brighten your smile with porcelain veneers and go from yellow to white in no time at all with little or no anesthesia. Who wouldn’t smile about that?
Image by Flickr user Kevin Dinkel used under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 license. Image cropped and modified from original.
May 1, 2015
Losing a tooth can be a scary. We lose our baby teeth when we’re younger. This is perfectly normal and takes place over several years of childhood. However, we can lose teeth at any age without warning due to trauma, the wear and tear from grinding, or even a congenital absence. Your dentist will discuss your treatment options with you to help you make the best decision. Before your next appointment, take Gentling Dental Care’s short quiz below to test your knowledge of dental implants.
Quiz – answer all five questions before checking your answers!
1. Dental implants are placed by whom?
A) the dentist
B) an oral surgeon
C) the hygienist
D) a periodontal surgeon
2. True or false: dental implants are made from titanium.
3. True or false: dental implants are made of just one solid piece, not multiple parts.
4. True or false: your dental implant will look and feel nothing like the rest of the teeth in your mouth.
1. B and D are both correct! Dental implants are most often placed by an oral surgeon or a periodontal surgeon. Some dentists are able to perform the procedure, but you should ensure that the dentist is properly trained for the procedure. They need to take continuing education courses on the subject, receive thorough training, and have many hours of dental experience.
2. True! Dental implants are made from titanium. This metal is a bio-compatible material, meaning that will interact successfully with the human body. We use titanium for dental implants because it is able to bond well with the jaw bone.
3. False! There are three parts to a dental implant. First, the titanium implant is placed by the oral surgeon. After a healing period of up to six months to give the bone time to grow around the implant, an abutment and crown are created. The abutment is attached to the implant post. Its job is to anchor the crown to the implant. The crown is the part that is designed to look like one of your natural teeth.
4. False! A dental implant is designed to look, feel, and function just like your natural teeth. You can still eat and drink all the foods you normally enjoy. You will often not be able to tell the difference between the replacement tooth and the natural teeth based on appearance alone.
Want to learn more about dental implants? Visit us at Gentling Dental Care in Rochester, MN. We offer complimentary restorative consultations as part of our dental implant restoration services. During the appointment, our dentists will help you decide if a bridge, partial or full dentures, or dental implants will be the right treatment for you.