Family Dentistry – Rochester, MN
Protecting Smiles Young and Old
Driving to different dental practices can be exhausting, and it can be a hassle setting up appointments for everyone in your family. At Gentling Dental Care, we make protecting the most important smiles in your life easy by treating patients of all ages. By seeing your whole family at once, we can make sure everyone gets the excellent dental care they deserve while making things easier for you!
Why Choose Gentling Dental for Family Dentistry?
- Patients of All Ages Welcome
- Fluoride Treatment for Younger Patients
- Dental Implants and Dentures for Older Patients
The Advantages of Having a Family Dentist
There are several benefits to family dentistry in Rochester that can give you plenty of reasons to smile. For example:
- A family dentist makes scheduling appointments and transporting everyone to said appointments easier.
- Family dentists offer a wider range of treatments for patients at different stages of dental development.
- Your children will feel more comfortable around a dentist that knows everyone in your family.
- It allows you to set a good example by letting your children see you receive dental care.
- Having a family dentist makes it easier to track dental history or identify dental issues that get passed down from parent to child.
Checkups and Cleanings
Everyone in your family should have a dental checkup and cleaning at least once every six months. This is the best way to monitor your dental health and prevent minor dental health issues from developing into larger ones. Regular cleanings to remove plaque and tartar from your teeth and gums are particularly important for patients that have a hard time cleaning certain spots in their mouths. For younger patients, these checkups may be a good opportunity to receive dental sealants, which are thin layers of composite resin that protect the teeth from bacteria.
Children should see the dentist within six months of their first teeth erupting (which is around the age of 1). At Gentling Dental Care, we can help you guide through your child’s different dental development stages. This includes taking care of baby teeth, making sure their smiles are being brushed properly and thoroughly, and discouraging behaviors such as sleeping with a bottle of juice that could lead to cavities. As they grow older, we’ll help you identify potential problems, such as baby teeth that are lost too early.
Teeth are meant to last for a lifetime, but sometimes older patients find they have a gap in their smiles. If you or a senior member of your family is missing any number of teeth, contact our office right away to ask about dental implants. These titanium posts, when topped with crowns, bridges or dentures, can replace your pearly whites from the roots up. Unlike traditional dentures, you can count on dental implants to stay in your mouth without slipping, and they can last 30 years or more with the proper maintenance.
Curious about what other services your family could benefit from? Contact our office today to schedule an appointment.